Things are moving fast at Audience. The team is growing. Our client base is growing. Our product mix is also growing. We’re now working across fundraising and communications. We also now have offices in both England and Ireland. I’ve also only been here for 10 weeks. Phew!
With things moving so fast, and things changing so drastically, we decided to spend some time defining who we are, and what we stand for. We needed some kind of manifesto to keep us on track.
So that’s what we did, and we thought we would share this with you, as launching our new website keeps falling down the to-do list.*
Why are we here?
Fundraising is changing. Donor motivations are changing. Communication channels are changing. Legislation is changing. Off the shelf fundraising solutions are no longer an option. As fundraisers, we can’t just focus on channels, we need to look at fundraising and communications in the round. We need to build relationships. We need to take risks, we need to try new things. More than we ever have before.
Fundraising has evolved, and so have we.
We have created a new type of agency, one that is fit for this new fundraising landscape. One that doesn’t have the traditional agency hierarchy and structure. One that doesn’t just focus on channels. One that focusses on multi-channel engagement, and connecting people to charities with shared values.
We are Audience. We are different. We have core staff with decades worth of fundraising and communications experience across all disciplines. What’s special about us is that we are connected. We have networks of talented people that we can pull in to work with us. Whatever the brief, whatever the challenge, we can build the right team, with the right skillset to get the best results. That’s a promise.
We’re brave. We’re agile. We’re media neutral. We like to join things up. We like to solve problems. We like to build movements. We like to take risks. We like to smash targets.
How are you going to do that then?
Our directors all have decades worth of fundraising and communications experience at senior management level, both charity and agency side.
We understand all aspects of fundraising and communications, so can advise strategically on the best way to achieve your goals.
We provide bespoke solutions using our combined expertise. We then go about building the right team of experts for the job, all project managed and delivered by us.
We start with a blank sheet and build overarching strategies in partnership, rather than focussing on channels. We build multi-channel campaigns, rather than traditional appeals, all managed from a single point.
What does that mean, practically?
- IG strategy
- Overarching fundraising propositions
- Integrated, multi-channel fundraising
- Joined up fundraising, communications and campaigning
- Innovation, particularly digital innovation
Fair enough, but what are your values?
- We are honest in our dealings with clients, staff and suppliers
- We are open. Our approach is always completely transparent.
- We are credible. We live and breathe our values
- We are experienced. We will only partner with and employ the very best in the sector
- We are accountable. We build long term relationships with our partners and will be held accountable for long term results
- We are collaborative, both in how we work with our charity partners as well as our network of experts
- We are connected. Our ideas and strategies come from our understanding the marketplace and building networks
- We are passionate. We want to make the world a better place. We care about our charity partners goals. We help them achieve them
- We are storytellers. We connect people to charities that share their values with emotional, engaging stories
- We are innovative. We always take a media-neutral approach to strategy. We keep ahead of sector trends. We take calculated risks and focus on the best possible solutions
- Fundraising and communication is evolving, and so are we. We embrace this as an agency
Why should charities work with you?
We have a huge amount of experience at working at senior level roles in large charities and agencies. We want to use that knowledge to drive engagement and income for charities that might not be able to work with big strategic agencies.
Our senior staff are all hands on. We have the skills and the passion to balance both strategic and operational work. We know fundraising and comms inside out, but we don’t have a generic formula for propositions or channel mix. We build bespoke solutions. We don’t rehash old strategies.
As fundraising continues to evolve, so shall we.
Sound good to you? Do get in contact if you’d like a chat. We like chatting.
*Get the website sorted Wayne…